Driving Test Changes from December 2017
The driving test in England, Scotland and Wales will change from Monday 4th December 2017.
The changes are designed to make sure new drivers have the skills they’ll need to help them through a lifetime of safe driving.
The four main changes to the driving test are:
- the independent driving part of the test will increase to 20 minutes
- most candidates will be asked to follow directions from a sat nav
- the reversing manoeuvres will be changed
- answering a vehicle safety question while you’re driving
This video shows how the test will work from 4 December 2017.
The four driving test changes
1. Independent driving part of the test will increase to 20 minutes
2. Following directions from a sat nav
3. Reversing manoeuvres will be changed
4. Answering a vehicle safety question while you’re driving
The examiner will ask you 2 vehicle safety questions during your driving test - these are known as the ‘show me, tell me’ questions.